28.10.10

Intimate And Interesting







Love the way this home takes a few calculated risks. They've paid off brilliantly I think. In a high luxe look the old brick walls would have been very tempting to plaster over. Instead a simple white wash of paint has provided a clean elegant look but left some of the integrity of the building shining through.

I also love the black ceiling in the kitchen that bunkers down that large space and makes it more intimate and interesting.

Crazy cool tiling throughout and beautifully composed furnishings make this a stellar renovation.

Images from journal de la maison

10 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

The dining room floor is amazing and the black ceiling just blew me away:) Fantastic find, my dear
Kisses

Ps: I am hosting a ban.do headband GIVEAWAY today! Please, join in!

Matrioshka said...

Oh my god....I want to live there. I love the open layout!

Soulful Mama said...

Oohh! The detailing on the ceilings and the white washed brick walls!! Yum!

~ Clare x

Jamie said...

You find the best interiors. It's always such fun to come here and see what you've posted.

Thank you for that!

ALR said...

I love all the white!

Amy R.

Pinecone Camp said...

I will be dreaming of this house tonight. It's too beautiful! I could be quite comfortable in it. ;)

Tammy Burks said...

I'm with you....loving that dark ceiling....I would never think to do that....well, now I will :)

Lady Grey said...

I've never seen a white-washed brick wall in a home before.... and I wouldn't have thought I would like it, but it's gorgeous!

Heather Feemster said...

The black ceiling is amazing, this place is gorgeous.

heather jenkinson said...

I love the double washbasin behind the bed. Really, that is quite a radical idea and it works! I bet it's also super practical.

I also love the wooden beam in picture 3; this is such an inspiring collection of surface areas. Thank you, Jules!

Related Posts with Thumbnails